Join Us for Our June Meeting!
You may ask…..What is the Convention of States? Want to Rein in the Federal Government’s Powers? Want to have term limits in the Federal Government? Is there a way to amend the Constitution to ensure our voices are heard?
YES! Under Article V of the U.S. Constitution there are two ways to propose amendments. The first way is for Congress to propose amendments which must pass by a 2/3 vote in both houses, which is the only way it has been handled for the past 229 years.
The second way is for 2/3 (or 34 of the States) to apply to Congress for an amending convention for an express purpose of which any proposed amendment must be ratified by 3/4 (or 38 of the 50 states).
The Convention of States Director in Texas is Tom Dowdy who ensures that all applications to rein in the power of the Federal Government and apply term limits to elected and non-elected officials of the Federal Government are the same between states, including Texas.
Please join us to hear Mr. Dowdy speak on Texas’ involvement in the Convention of States.
- 11:00am: Sign in
- 11:30am: Luncheon is served
- 12:00pm: Business mtg. begins
The luncheon is $25 per person, both men and women are always welcome. RSVP and pay at the door or prepay with a credit card, it’s your choice. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Date: Tuesday, June 13
- 11:00am: Sign in
- 11:30am: Lunch is served
- 12:00pm: Business meeting begins
- Place: Stonebriar Country Club, Frisco, Texas
- Cost: $25/person
We meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at lunch, unless otherwise noted.
- July — “Tea for Two” membership event at Bonnie Ruth’s Restaurant on Saturday, July 8, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. with Guest speaker, Matt Mackowiak. He will be speaking on Texas borders, immigrationand Executive Orders. $25/person
- August — Mor information coming soon
- September — Legislative Update from State Senator Van Taylor, State Rep. Jodie Laubenberg, State Rep. Matt Shaheen, State Rep. Justin Holland, and State Rep. Jeff Leach
- October — More information coming soon
- November — Information coming soon, join us for our annual membership drive
- December — Christmas party and officer installation