Caring for America…it’s what we do!
Whether it’s sending funds to West, Texas, to help build their new library, stuffing backpacks for the new school year at the Children’s Advocacy Center or helping pack boxes filled with Texas love to send to our troops overseas, RWGNT members and friends are reaching out to our community.
A few of our projects have included:
- The Children’s Advocacy Center in Denton County- supplying and stuffing “ backpacks”, leading numerous food drives, handing out Thanksgiving food boxes, and adopting a family for Christmas
- Collecting sheets for “Operation Once in a Lifetime,” assuring our military have a comfortable setting on returning to their barracks
- Snowball Express- affording spouses and children of deceased heroes a few days of laughter and companionship with other families going through the same hardships
- Wreaths Across America- placing a wreath on every grave at our Dallas National Cemetery, so as to show we have not forgotten our military
- Frisco Reach Out- sponsoring their angel tree and donating and stuffing eggs for their annual Easter Egg Hunt
We love our community and we want you to share in our success! Contact our Caring for America Chair for more information by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Clubs in the Texas Federation of Republican Women serve their communities in a variety of ways that are not necessarily political. Those projects fall under the heading of “Caring for America,” and thousands of volunteer hours every quarter are dedicated to these projects.
Last updated May 23, 2015